Table of Contents
- General Information
- Manager Toolkits
New Employee Orientation
- Holiday Schedule
- Leave Without Pay
- Sick Leave
- Sick Leave Pool
- Vacation Leave
- Submitting Leave
- Canceling Leave
- Requesting Time from Sick Leave Pool
- Checklist for Submitting Leave
- Workflow for Submitting Leave
Clearance/Exiting from University
To hire a staff employee all hiring actions taken must be in accordance with UAP 33.99.01.P0.01 Employment Practices.
- Hires dates are the 1st and 15th of each month. If the 1st or 15th of the month falls on a weekend or holiday then the hire date is for the following business day after the weekend or holiday.
- Open Hiring Periods are offered prior to the beginning of each peak Fall, Spring and Summer semester and last for a period of 30 calendar days. Open Hiring Period dates will be published as they are determined prior to the start of each semester.
- Alternate hire dates and exceptions to the hiring process deadlines may be requested via the Request for Alternate Hire Date and/or Hiring Process Deadline Waiver Form. The request form must provide details for why the alternate hire date is necessary and/or justification for not meeting the required hiring processing deadlines and is subject to approval by HR before the hiring department can proceed with an offer for the requested date.
- Staff Transfers & Promotions
- Temporary Staff
- Faculty (Tenure-Track, Tenured & Non-Tenured)
- Adjunct Faculty
- Summer Camp
Performance Management Toolkit
Corrective Action Toolkit
Employee Time Off Toolkit
Prairie View A&M University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities. Ms. Alexia Taylor, Title IX Coordinator, has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies.
Ms. Taylor can be reached at P.O. Box 519; MS 1100 A.I Thomas Bldg. Suite 102 Prairie View, Texas 77446 or by calling 936-261-2123.
For further information on notice of non-discrimination, visit http://wdcrobcolp01.ed.gov/CFAPPS/OCR/contactus.cfm `for the address and phone number of the office that serves your area, or call 1-800-421-3481.
Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.