As a Prairie View A&M University faculty and staff member, you have access to a comprehensive benefits package for you and your eligible dependents. The information provided below is to give new employees, who are benefits eligible, a summary of the benefits that are available to them. The PPO plans are administered by BlueCross BlueShield of Texas. Express Scripts administers the Prescription Drug portion. The university offers a variety of optional insurance coverage plans to fit the needs of you and your family. For specific questions on benefits, please contact the Benefits Team at email@example.com or at (936) 261-1730.
- Overview of A&M System Benefit Programs – follow this link to the main site for Texas A&M System Benefits Administration homepage. The Benefits Administration office provides benefit information to A&M System employees and retirees and negotiates contracts with carriers for insurance and retirement benefits. On our website, you’ll find: plan description booklets, links to carrier websites, insurance forms, subject matter brochures and frequently asked questions.
- Overview of Retirement Programs – Detailed information over the Teachers Retirement System of Texas (TRS), the Optional Retirement Plan (ORP), voluntary tax deferred account information, the current list of approved vendors and how to use the “My Retirement Manager” feature for hardship withdrawals and loans may be found using this link.
- 2014-2015 Benefits Premiums
- Health Plan Summary – A Summary of Benefits Coverage for each medical plan option can be accessed using this link. Summaries for A&M Care, 65+, Graduate Student plan, and J-Visa Plan, all summaries are in a PDF and suitable for printing.
Benefit Booklets over the Optional Plans may be accessed using the links below to read or print in PDF format.
- A&M Health Care Plan Booklet – The booklet contains information on the medical plan option and requirement for employees, graduate student employees and J-Visa employees.
- A&M Dental Plan Booklet – There are two dental plans offered to participants, both offered through Delta Dental. The A&M Dental is a PPO plan and a Delta Dental HMO plan is also available. Details over the plans are included in the A&M Dental Plan Booklet.
- Vision Plan Booklet – EyeMed is the plan provider for the optional vision plan offered to employees, graduate student employees and J-Visa employees. Detailed information on the vision plan can be found in the Vision Plan Booklet.
- Life Plan Booklet – Minnesota Life is the life insurance carrier for the Basic Life plan, Basic Alternate Life and Optional Life policies. Detailed information on the policies and contact information is located in the Life Plan Booklet.
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Plan Booklet – Minnesota Life is the life insurance carrier for the Accidental Death and Dismemberment policy. Detailed information on the policy and contact information is located in the Life Plan Booklet.
- Long Term Disability Plan Booklet – Cigna is the current carrier for the Long Term Disability plan. Plan information and instructions on how to file for a claim are included in the Long Term Disability Plan Booklet.
- Benefits Publications & Forms – Forms for benefit plans and retirement forms may be found utilizing the link; this includes forms for Tax Deferred Account, Optional Retirement Plan (ORP) forms, Benefit Change Form, Dependent Change Form and various claim forms.
- Flexible Spending Accounts Plan Booklet – Payflex is the administrator for the Healthcare Spending Account and Dependent Daycare Accounts. Information on enrolling, making changes, account limits, and IRS regulations are included in the Flexible Spending Accounts Plan Booklet.
- Pre-Tax Premiums Plan Booklet – General Information over the pre-tax option for your insurance premiums are explained in this booklet.
- FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions and Answers for the various plans, such as “When is Annual Enrollment?” “What is a Change in Status?” “How do I add a dependent?” “I just got married, how do I change my name?”
UT Employee Assistance Programs (UTEAP)
Life is a balancing act between work and family, and the UT Employee Assistance Program is the no-cost resource to turn to for solutions for everyday issues. Through the Employee Assistance Program, or EAP, you and your family members can access free, convenient, and confidential services. The EAP offers a variety of services including counseling sessions with a licensed mental health professional, legal and financial resources, and WorkLife referrals.
- Benefits Briefs- Newsletter
- Social Security Administration
- Employee Assistance Program
- HealthLEADER Newsletter
Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.