Our Tradition…Your Opportunity.
To Apply visit: JOBS@PVAMU
Table of Contents
- Process Workflows
- User Scope/Organizational Structure
- Other Accesses
- Getting Access to PV TALENT
The PV TALENT System is a seamless, customized online position description and applicant tracking system for faculty, adjunct faculty, staff and students and incorporates, seating the finalist candidate in to the position, effectively hiring while being compliant and on boarding the new employee. Designed with the end-user in mind the PV TALENT System, is intuitive, efficient, and user-friendly.
Position descriptions act as source documents and provide comprehensive information on any position. It also serves as the basis for performance management and the basic document used to develop the content of a job announcement. The Position Management System (PMS) serves as the sole repository of all position descriptions actions university-wide. Departments will use the PMS to create, reclassify and modify position descriptions for staff, faculty, adjunct faculty, temporary staff and students. Position descriptions for all budgeted positions will be required to be updated on annual basis.
Learning to navigate and perform the various position description actions in the PV TALENT System is available through online tutorials.
The Applicant Tracking System (ATS) is multi-faceted to capture all hiring needs. The ATS is used for job posting requests, posting available job vacancies, creating applications, applying to available job vacancies, the review and evaluation of applications received, developing the applicant statuses, completing the Hiring Proposal on the finalist, and on boarding the new employee. Using an approved position description, the ATS will help you build your job posting requests for a seamless and efficient hiring process.
For a clearer understanding of the process workflow from position creation to filling the position with a faculty, staff, or student please refer to the following process workflow guides:
User Scopes/Organizational Structure
User Scopes have been set up into four major tiers:
User scopes in the system are directly tied to the four tiers identified in the organization structures illustrated in the figure. Please review the description of each user role and scope below:
- Initiator (Department Scope) – creates all actions in the system on the department’s behalf.
- Department Head/Director (Department Scope) – Approves actions on department’s behalf as the next level of approval after the Initiator or after OSRS for grant funded positions.
- Dean/AVP (Area Scope) – Approves action as the Assistant Vice President or Dean of an area or college for an academic unit. May also have this scope if you report directly to a VP and no Department Head/Director exists for the position(s) to be approved.
- Area Vice President (Division) – Approves all actions for assigned division as the Vice President for all department and areas falling under the defined scope of responsibility.
THE UNIVERSITY APPROVERS (PVAMU Scope)
- Research Compliance – Approves all grant-funded actions to determine export control regulation factors based on the position descriptions and hiring proposals submitted.
- OSRS/Financial Services – Approves all grant-funded actions to ensure that the actions created are in alignment with the specification of the grant(s) awarded.
- Budget – Approves all actions for funding availability and requirements to ensure there are funds available to sustain the position(s) as specified.
- VPBA – Approves all actions as the University’s Chief Financial Officer.
- EEO – Reviews and approves all job postings to ensure that equal opportunity guidelines are met as a part of the University’s commitment to being an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Human Resources – Serves as the overall central administrator for the PV Talent System. In addition, approves all position descriptions, job postings and hiring proposals. Also assists applicants with the online application process. [back to contents]
- Employee – All employees have access as an employee to view their approved position descriptions in the PV Talent System
- Search Committee Chair & Search Committee – employees that sit on Search Committees or Selection Committees will be given access to the postings that they serve as committee members. This access is given based on the Search Committee Identification form as part of the standard EEO hiring process documentation.[back to contents]
Getting Access to the PV TALENT System (INITIATORS & APPROVERS)
Getting access to the PV Talent System is easier than before. See the steps below to get access to the PV Talent System:
- Make sure you have attended PV TALENT Training. Training is required before your access will be approved in the system.
- Identify the users in the department at will need access to the form using the User Scope details provide above
- Complete the PV TALENT Access Form indicating each user. All departments are encouraged to have primary and secondary (back up) Initiators and Approvers. Obtain the required signatures in the respective forms.
- Turn in the completed PV TALENT Access Form to the Office of Human Resources.
- You will receive an email notification from HR when your ACCESS form has been approved.
- You will user your PVAMU username and password to log in to the system.
The PV TALENT Workflows
The workflows for each category are customized to meet the needs of each module: staff, faculty, adjunct and student. Each workflow has been designed to capture only the necessary approvers needed to make the position flow quickly and efficiently.
The PV TALENT Tutorials
Please reference the appropriate tutorials below to assist as guide with the process
- General Information and Navigation
- Creating a Position
- Classifying & Modifying a Position
- Approving an Action
- Job Postings
- Reviewing Applicants
- Changing Applicant Workflows States
- Completing Hiring Proposals
- Creating Adjunct Faculty Pools
- For questions regarding the applicant tracking system contact the employment team at (936) 261-1730 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For questions regarding the position management system please contact the compensation team at (936) 261-1730 or via email at email@example.com.
Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.
Prairie View A&M University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities. Ms. Alexia Taylor, Title IX Coordinator, has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies.
Ms. Taylor can be reached at P.O. Box 519; MS 1100 A.I Thomas Bldg. Suite 102 Prairie View, Texas 77446 or by calling 936-261-2123.
For further information on notice of non-discrimination, visit http://wdcrobcolp01.ed.gov/CFAPPS/OCR/contactus.cfm `for the address and phone number of the office that serves your area, or call 1-800-421-3481.
Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.