Compensation develops, coordinates, evaluates, and advises University staff on activities associated with job classification, pay, and performance programs. We are available to assist departments in recruiting, retaining, developing, and rewarding all staff employees at Prairie View A&M University.
In partnership with departmental administrators and hiring managers, our staff ascertains the University’s staff (non-academic) compensation needs and develops strategies to address and fulfill those needs by maintaining a compensation program that accomplishes the following:
- Provides a total compensation program that considers the external market, while focusing on ensuring internal equity and taking into account the advantages of a collegiate work environment;
- Enables successful competition in its labor markets;
- Retains its most competent and best qualified personnel;
- Achieves its mission and objectives in the community;
- Promotes a systematic approach to salary administration; and
- Adheres to Texas A&M University System (TAMUS) Regulations 31.01 Compensation and 31.01.01 Compensation Administration.
Ms. Renee R. Williams, Director of Equal Opportunity & Diversity has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies.
Ms. Williams can be reached at: P.O. Box 519: Mail Stop 1337; Harrington Science Building, Suite 109; Prairie View, TX 77446-0519, or by calling 936-261-1730