The Texting and Driving Prevention Scholarship
At Emerson Straw, we are aware of the detrimental effects of distracted driving. In recent years, technological advancements have provided breakthroughs in science and exploration. These advancements have also created a world where cell phones have seemingly endless capabilities. Sometimes the temptation to use a smartphone while driving is too powerful and the choice to do so has tragic results. As personal injury lawyers, we work with victims who have fallen subject to injuries due to the negligence of others caused by texting and driving. This negligence endangers, harms, and kills millions of innocent lives each year. We believe that in a society of change-makers, we can put an end to this destructive habit.
This year, we are excited to announce The Texting and Driving Prevention Scholarship. This scholarship opportunity aims to generate innovative and creative solutions to the age-old problem of distracted driving.
Deadline: September 30, 2019
- Currently enrolled or about to attend an accredited community college, undergraduate, or graduate program within the United States.
- Have a minimum current GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Resume including contact information
- Current academic transcript including a cumulative GPA. (First-year students may submit unofficial transcripts from their accredited institution. If a student is not currently enrolled in an accredited university, we ask that the candidate provide proof of acceptance to their future college or university)
- 750-word original essay: Discuss the ways that you personally prevent texting while driving as the laws in place are not 100% effective. What steps do you take that you feel others should be taking as well? How do you plan on spreading these ideas?
All scholarship application materials must be submitted via email to email@example.com by September 30, 2019. Please submit materials with the subject line “[Applicant’s name] – The Texting and Driving Prevention Scholarship”.
For more information regarding this scholarship, please visit: