Frequently Asked Questions
- What is PAS?
- How do I sign up for PAS?
- Will my cell phone automatically receive text messages?
- Are non-PVAMU contractors included in the emergency notification system?
- After enrolling, when will my information update in PAS?
- Will I receive unsolicited messages (“SPAM”) on my mobile phone or email account?
- Is there a charge for calls or text messages received from PAS?
Panther Alert System (PAS) is an emergency notification system that allows Prairie View A&M University to quickly communicate health and safety-related emergency information via landline phones, cellular phones, text messaging and e-mail.
- Student can enroll their information at PantherTracks | Instructions
- Faculty & Staff can enroll their information at HR Connect | Instructions
Yes, University contractors can enroll in PAS. Contractors can contact Mr. Midhat Asghar at 936-261-2156 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions to enroll.
- Student: After enrolling in PantherTracks (Instructions), your information will update in PAS within 24 hours.
- Faculty: After enrolling in HR Connect | Instructions, your information will update next Friday.
No, PVAMU will not sent any unsolicited messages or advertisements. Furthermore, W.A.R.N cannot and will not sell the contact information for PVAMU subscriber to third party marketers.
There is no extra charge for calls or text messages from PAS. However, the phone call and text message is subject to the conditions and rates of your particular calling plan. For example, if your calling plan does not include text messaging, you may incur a charge for a text message received from PAS, based on the rates of your cell phone service provider. Please note that PVAMU will only send text messages for urgent situations.