PhD Admission Requirements
The following are admission requirements to the Doctor of Philosophy program in the Department of Electrical Engineering. The candidate should:
- Hold a baccalaureate degree in engineering, mathematics or the physical sciences conferred by a regionally accredited institution.
- Have a 2.75 Grade Point Average (GPA) on a four-point scale on all completed undergraduate course work.
- Hold a Masters of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or one of the related disciplines, conferred by an accredited institution.
- Have a 3.2 GPA on all completed graduate work.
- Produce original transcripts for all academic work completed at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Have GRE verbal and quantitative scores in the higher percentiles.
- Submit three letters of recommendation. These should preferably come from faculty sufficiently acquainted with the student to comment on the student’s potential to successfully complete the doctoral program.
- Submit a personal statement describing the applicant’s academic or professional accomplishments, research interest and professional goals.
- International students, when deemed appropriate are required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL); a score of 550, or higher, is required