Five-Year BS/MS Program
The Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) Department offer a Five-Year BS/MS Degree Program leading to a Master of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering. Qualified students can earn the MS degree within one year following receipt of the BS degree. Students admitted to the program have access to graduate-level ECE courses and opportunities to do graduate level research under the supervision of faculty before completing their bachelor’s degree.
The B.S. and M.S. degrees offered through this option are identical to the individual B.S. and M.S. degrees offered in the Department. The combined five-year degree plan provides students with the opportunity to obtain these degrees in less time than would be required when pursuing them independently. Junior and senior electrical and computer engineering majors who are within 30 semester-credit hours of completing the requirements for an undergraduate degree may, upon being recommended by the department head, their respective dean of their College and have received provisional acceptance from the Graduate School, register for up to six semester-credit hours of graduate courses. These graduate courses may be used to meet undergraduate upper-level technical electives requirements as well as be used to meet graduate requirements at Prairie View A&M University.
- Student with junior or senior class standing within 30 hours of completing an undergraduate degree.
- 3.0 overall GPA.
- Complete the Request for Undergraduate Enrollment in Graduate Courses Form.
- Obtain a letter of recommendation into the program from your academic advisor
- Complete the Upload the documents below
- The student should complete the online graduate admissions application and receive provisional acceptance into the Graduate School. (NOTE: The GRE not required for provisional acceptance)
- The combined load of the undergraduate and graduate courses must not exceed 15 semester hours.