Pre-Advisement and Registration Assistance for the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department

Registration Assistance for the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department (ECE)

Requested   Information/Needed



When can I register for classes? View the university academic calendar for dates. Academic Calendar
Who is my advisor? Advisors are assigned to students according to the student’s last name.  A listing can be found at  ECE advisors.   ECE advisors
How do I contact my advisor?  Contact your  advisor or schedule a time to meet.  Make an appointment.  Make an appointment with an Advisor 
Where do I find Degree Plans and Degree Worksheets to plan my classes? Take a look at your transcript in   Panther Tracks and complete your degree plan worksheet (Worksheet or Computer Engr Worksheet)  by placing grades in the boxes of the courses you have already taken and satisfied the degree requirements (Note:  Engineering, Math, Science and English courses require a grade of “C” or better).  Using the degree plan as your guide, highlight the courses you need for the next semester. Review the courses, days, time and prerequisites through PV Place under   the heading marked “Class Schedule” and complete the registration form.   WorksheetCPEG Degree Plan Worksheet
Where can I find a listing of courses offered? A listing of the courses, days, time and prerequisites can be found at PV Place under   the heading marked “Class Schedule”.  PV Place
Where do I find the registration form? Complete the Registration/Drop/Special Approval Form before attending the advisement appointments.  NOTE:  Engineers registering for Algebra-Trig, Calculus I and Calculus must sign up for the Math courses designated for engineers.  See link below for CRNS.  Please note:  Engineering majors must take specific Algebra and Calculus courses along with Engineering Application Labs for engineers. The courses can be found at the link:   Math Courses and corresponding GNEG Labs for Engineers Fall 2015 (Algebra-Trig, Cal I and Cal II)  Registration & Special Approval
Where can I get a Personal Identification Number (PIN) to register? Request a Personal Identification Number (PIN) online by completing the  Personal Identification Number (PIN) Request Form or make an appointment to meet with your advisor. Registration Personal Identification Number (PIN) Request Form
What if I need a course override? Complete the course Override Form online.  Your advisor will automatically be contacted to provide you an override via email. Override Form
Why do I need to be advised?  You will need to contact your  advisor or schedule a time to meet with your advisor for assistance and to receive your Personal Identification Number (PIN) to register.     Schedule an appointment to see your advisor For additional questions contact the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department  Click here to find your advisor Contact the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department
I need to drop a class.  What   do I need to do? If you need to add or drop a class during the priority, regular or late registration period, use your PIN in   Panther Tracks and make the change.  If it’s past the deadline, use the   add/drop form.  Be sure to check with your advisor, review your degree and consider other implications (SAP, course restrictions, graduation   deadlines, scholarship requirements, etc.) before changing your selection.  In many instances, a withdrawal may be counted toward your limit of six (6) drops. Add/Drop Form
I’m taking classes at a different  college and want to transfer credit to PVAMU.  What should I do? Before you take the course, complete the Pre-Approved Transfer Credit Form and have it signed by your   department head.  For a general list of Texas Community College courses, visit the Texas Common Course Numbering System site for details and to compare courses.  Please review the transfer policies in the  University Catalog for additional information. Please see the PVAMU Transfer Student Guide. Pre-Approved Transfer Credit Form Credit Texas Course Equivalency Guide
If I have more questions who do I contact? For other questions, please contact your advisor or visit the link provided. Dept Electrical and Computer Engineering Contact Information