Graduate Assistant Research (GAR)
- Must be enrolled as a full-time graduate student at Prairie View A&M University.
- Must be in good academic standing.
- Candidate should be enrolled in at least 9 credit hours of graduate courses per semester.
- Graduate Assistants (Teaching) must have 18 credit hours of earned graduate credit in the discipline to be taught.
- Graduate Assistants (Research) may not work more than 50% effort = 20 hours per week.
Summer – All students must be enrolled for a minimum of six (6) credit hours of graduate courses for the Summer to be eligible for the Graduate Assistantship during the summer sessions.
- Additionally, a graduate student may not be employed holding a dual title (i.e., Graduate Assistant & Teaching/Program Coordinator), regardless of the percentage effort worked or to be worked. It is the hiring department’s responsibility to interface with the Office of Human Resources in relation to the hiring of the Graduate Assistants.
- Graduate Assistants (Non-Teaching) on an F-1 Visa, may not work more than 50% effort = 20 hours per week. Hiring departments must secure this information from their hire once a verbal offer has been made. The 20 hours per week work requirement will then be reflected in the written offer of employment.
All students interested in becoming a Graduate Assistant Researcher must find a professor to conduct research and complete the form below.