ECE CPT Application Process
Students can complete a CPT only at the advisor’s request. The advisor must make the request to the Department (not the student). The steps to make a request are as follows:
- The advisor and student review the website: Requirements for Practical Training | ICE
- The advisor and student complete a Degree Plan which includes CPT and explain why it is required. (NOTE: the CPT must be associated with a class on the Degree Plan –which is more than likely Thesis, Project or Dissertation)
- The advisor and student completes the following form: PVAMU Curricular Practical Training (CPT) Form
- The student completes the following form: Curricular Practical Training (CPT) ( The advisor will automatically be notified when it is completed).
- The advisor completes the CPT Request Form for Faculty Advisors , the request will automatically be sent to the Department Head.