Department of Computer Science Mission
The mission of the Department of Computer Science in the Roy G. Perry College of Engineering at Prairie View A&M (PVAMU) consists of three interrelated components:
- providing the highest quality instruction to the students
- conducting leading-edge research in computer science and engineering
- and providing leadership and service to our professional communities
Computer Science faculty and staff are committed to excellence and update the program to meet the present and future needs of industry and the society.
Bachelors in Computer Science Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- Graduates will have successful careers in Computer Science or related fields and demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to work collaboratively and effectively as leaders or team members.
- Graduates will have the necessary preparation and ability to enter into advanced degree programs in Computer Science or related fields.
- Graduates will successfully engage in life-long learning and demonstrate the capability to adapt to rapidly changing technologies in their field.
- Graduates will demonstrate a disposition to practice computer science with a high degree of honesty and integrity, and be successful in handling professional, ethical, legal, security, and social issues.
Bachelors in Computer Science Program Student Outcomes
- Analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- Apply computer science theory and software development fundamentals to produce computing-based solutions.
CS Program Enrollment and Degree Awarded Data
Bachelors in Computer Science ABET Accreditation Status
The CS Bachelor program is accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission (CAC) of ABET, http://www.abet.org