Panther Pride is a five (5) week summer program designed especially for incoming Prairie View freshmen only who are interested in taking the necessary steps to jump-start their academic career. Program participants will have the opportunity to:
- Complete six (6) hours of college level coursework.
- Experience residence life by staying in University College.
- Take part in academic and social enhancement workshops.
- Network with faculty, staff, and administrators.
Qualified Panther Pride applicants are those who meet the following criteria:
- SAT 800 or higher
- ACT 16 or higher
- High school GPA 2.75 or higher
- Favorable teachers’ evaluations
Because PVAMU is dedicated to the academic success of our students, the University will cover the cost of tuition, fees, housing, and meals associated with participating in the Panther Pride Program. Additionally, each participant will receive a $100 dollar book voucher to offset the cost of required textbooks. Program participants are responsible for paying the required University College housing deposit of $150 (required for the Fall semester) and the remaining cost for textbooks that is approximately $200.
Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.