Ph.D. University of Bradford (UK)
Room: 213 NSB,
Department of Chemistry
Prairie View A&M University
P.O. Box 519,
Prairie View, Texas 77446
Area of Interest
- Nano-colorants/ Dyes and Pigments
- Functionalization of Natural and Synthetic Polymeric Materials
- Applied Chemistry/ Coloration Processes
Current Research Activities
My current research interest focus on three areas:
- Synthesis of nano-colorants incorporating dye molecules into carbon nanotubes via covalent bonding, electrostatic interaction, encapsulation and miniemulsion polymerization techniques. Potential applications include optoelectronics, electrophotographic toners, ink-jet inks, coloration of polymers possessing excellent fastness properties and thermal stability.
- Surface modification of natural and synthetic polymeric materials to enhance their mechanical and performance characteristics. An example is that of functionalization of cotton material in order to enhance its crease resistance, water repellency and flame retardancy as well as improved UV blocking and anti-microbial properties.