Master of Science in Human Sciences
The mission of the Human Sciences Department is to prepare historically under-represented graduate students for careers as practitioners with a marriage and family emphasis. The department stresses the linkage between theory, research and practice, thereby strengthening individuals and families in their interactive roles within the wider society. The faculty is committed to the professional preparation of the students for acquiring effective intervention techniques and strategies, integrating contemporary research, and completing “hands-on” experiences.
Past graduates have pursued terminal degrees and careers in a variety of settings. Below are some representative examples of graduates in the past decade.
Doctoral Programs Past Graduates have enrolled
- Counseling University of North Texas
- Educational Leadership Prairie View A&M University, Prairie View, TX
- Family Therapy Texas Women’s University, Denton, TX
- Juvenile Justice Prairie View A&M University, Prairie View, TX
- Law Chicago Law School, Chicago, IL.
Representative Careers of Past Graduates
Listed below are some of the interesting and challenging courses a candidate will experience in a pursuit of a Masters of Science in Human Sciences: