Students accepted into the internship program must submit a separate completed application packet to the graduate school for admission to the university. Transcripts, recommendations and other information submitted to the internship program are not part of the graduate school application, and should be submitted to the university with the graduate application after the match process and upon admission to the internship program. See graduate admissions at the Graduate School for more detail.
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended.
- A personal statement describing professional and educational goals and interests, as well as an assessment of abilities/achievements.
- Declaration of Intent to Complete Degree from an approved Didactic Program in Dietetics or Verification Statement signed by Didactic Program Director.
- Three recommendations using the standard form prepared by The Academy. These should be from professors, supervisors, or other professional persons well acquainted with the applicant’s work habits, scholastic achievements, personality and attitudes.
- Entry into the Dietetic Internship Match Program.
- Minimum Grade Point Average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Varied work experience in the field of dietetics.
- GRE scores
- Application fee of $50.00 is mandatory and payable at PANTHERS Market Place.
In compliance with requirements of the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) and the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR), upon completion of your degree (undergraduate or graduate) and the Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) requirements, students admitted to the internship must have the following original documents sent to: Sharon McWhinney, Ph.D., RD, P.O. Box 519; Mail Stop 2004, Prairie View A&M University, Prairie View, TX 77446.
- Official copy of transcript indicating the date the degree was confirmed by the university.
- Original DPD Verification Statement signed by the DPD Director
Second Round Match Requirements
In the event that the program does not fill all openings in the first round match, students applying for the second match must submit all required documents through the DICAS website.
Applications will be accepted through April 14th for a decision date April 22nd.
Application fee is mandatory for the second round match. Online payment may be made at PANTHERS Market Place.
All applicants must submit the required application fee.
The most current per semester cost (tuition and mandatory fees) for 9 SCH is:
* $2906.43 (Resident)
Professional liability insurance fee of $90.00 should be made payable to PVAMU Dietetic Internship upon admissions to the program. This fee can be paid at PANTHERS Market Place. Additional costs should be factored in for travel to and from facilities, car insurance, housing and meals. Please note that public transportation from the university to practice sites is not available. Students must have access to or own a private vehicle to participate in the Dietetic Internship Program.
* Fees are subject to change annually