October 1, 2018 – It has been an honor and a privilege to assume my unique role over the last 90 days as the new Dean and Director of Land Grant Programs in the College of Agriculture and Human Sciences. Since arriving on “The Hill,” it has also been my distinct mission to deliver on the promise that Ag is back and together we will be making it better and making it matter at Prairie View A&M University for the state of Texas, the A&M system, and our sister 1890 institutions.

Before my arrival at PVAMU, I dedicated more than three decades at a university in a position I cherished. But, opening myself to new challenges and a new beginning, I welcomed with enthusiasm the opportunity to join the PV family, partnering with my daughter in this adventure, both of us Panthers in our freshman year as student and dean. Adopting a new family that is growing and excelling – welcoming the birth of new members and celebrating accolades and accomplishments not to mention working with a superstar president in Ruth Simmons and other new colleagues on the campus – I look forward to more years of Kudos Jamborees.

I recognize and appreciate the numerous champions and supporters in the history of the College who have brought us to this point. From my perspective, the successes and challenges of the past are neither lost nor forgotten. Rest assured, under my leadership; we will build a future on this foundation that is creative, strategic, resourceful, and empowered. We will support and uplift each other for the benefit of those who depend on us to make communities and the world a better place.

Gerard D'Souza

Gerard D’Souza
Dean and Director of Land Grant Programs
gedsouza@pvamu.edu
(936) 261-2212