The members of the Prairie View A&M University MANRRS (Minorities in Agriculture, Natural Resources and Related Sciences) Chapter recognized Mr. Horace Hodge, USDA/1890 Program Liaison and Dr. Wash Jones, Assistant Professor, CAHS during a special meeting on April 26th.

Ms. Rose Marie Somers 2013/2013 President and Mr. Christopher Wong, 2014/2015 President officially presented Dr. Jones and Mr. Hodge an “Appreciation Award” for their dedication, commitment and mentorship during the 2013/2014 school year.

MANRRS Recognition

Dr. Wash Jones and Mr. Horace Hodge share a photo at a MANRRS meeting called to recognize their dedication, commitment and mentorship.

Both recipients thank the members as indicated below:

Jones said “Thank you tremendously for the surprise honor/recognition given to Mr. Hodge and me this week. I really appreciate your thoughtfulness, and it lets me know that our work is not in vain. MANRRS means a great deal to me, and I desire to do my best to help all members thrive to success and excellence. It’s a joy working with all of you and seeing you move toward excellence. Thanks a million!”

Mr. Hodge presented the following comments: “I want to thank each of you personally and as a group for the beautiful award. It was quite a surprise and very humbling. It is certainly a pleasure to work with the PVAMU MANRRS chapter and beside a very dedicated and committed primary advisor, Dr. Wash Jones. Having been associated with the PVAMU MANRRS Chapter since its inception, I know “The Best is Yet to Come”.

I am looking forward to a great 2014/2015 school year.