Requestiing For Key
- The security of all buildings and rooms on campus is the joint responsibility of those personnel issued keys as well as Facilities Maintenance and the University Police. A key "Work Order Request" should be submitted online via the Building Maintenance webpage.
- The requesting department will be notified when the work is completed and an appointment will be scheduled for the pickup of keys at the Physical Plant from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Keys can be picked up or delivered and must be signed for.
- If for any reason a person should leave the employment of the University, all keys will be required to be turned in to Human Resources prior to the last day of employment. No keys will be duplicated or locks changed without permission from the Senior Building Coordinator. Request for lock or key service must be performed by completing the Work Order Request online and should include:
- Complete description of work requested (i.e., what, when, where and why)
- Number of keys required
- Purchase Orders will be required for services outside day to day functions
- Key approval from the Senior Building Coordinator (obtained by SSC)
- The Department of Public Safety is responsible for unlocking entrance doors to academic and administrative buildings by 6:00 a.m. on normal business days.
- Department of Public Safety employees will not unlock any other doors for any reason without permission from their supervisor.
- If a door must be unlocked due to an emergency, please contact the Department of Public Safety at X 1375.
- Lost/Stolen/Missing keys are to be reported immediately to the Physical Plant Lock Shop by the person in custody of the key.
- Persons finding lost or missing keys on campus are also requested to turn them in to the Physical Plant Lock Shop.