Alcohol Underage Drinking
Here’s What Alcohol Can Do to You… Alcohol can make you throw up.
Alcohol can make you pass out …. Alcohol can make you go to the bathroom.
AND, if that’s not enough…
IT CAN MESS UP YOUR HEAD
- Being drunk is a condition in which a person has overdosed on a drug.
- Alcohol is an anesthetic drug. It puts the brain to sleep just like a shot of Novocain makes gums numb.
- Brain damage begins with the first drink and becomes sever in the case of the alcoholic,
- It should come as no surprise that people who drink start experiencing problems at school.
IT CAN CAUSE A DRUG ADDICTION
- Alcohol is a drug. It’s also an addicting drug; 3.3 million young men and women under 20 are problem drinkers.
- Alcoholism in adolescents develops rapidly, with some teens becoming alcoholics within six months after taking their first drink.
- Nineteen out of 100 young people 12 to 17 years old are defined as having a serious drinking problem.
- There is no cure for alcoholism.
IT CAN DESTROY YOUR LIVER
- About 85 percent of the deaths due to cirrhosis are associated with alcohol.
- Damage to the liver due to cirrhosis can not be reversed.
- Liver cancer is also related to alcohol use.
IT CAN GET YOU INTO TROUBLE
- Alcohol can get you into trouble with your parents, with the police.
- Like it or not, alcohol is an illegal drug — just like marijuana, cocaine and heroin. If you’re going to play, you’re going to pay!!
IT CAN HURT YOUR HEART
- Alcohol is a poison to all parts of the body, including the heart. Even moderate amounts of alcohol can adversely affect heart function.
IT CAN INTERFERE WITH YOUR REPRODUCTIVE SYSTEM
- Use of alcohol can reduce the amount of testosterone in a man’s body. Testosterone is the principle male sex hormone responsible for development of male secondary sex characteristics.
- Atrophy of the testicles is a direct result of alcohol consumption.
- Excessive drinking is a common contributor to impotence in males.
- Also, alcohol is an anesthetic drug. It can interfere with your adult sex life and ability to reproduce.
- Birth defects found in children whose mothers drink are called Fetal Alcohol Syndrome.
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome is the third leading cause of mental retardation and the only preventable cause of birth defects.
IT CAN WRECK YOUR CAR
- Every five seconds, a teenager has a drug or alcohol-related traffic accident.
- One drink can impair the ability to drive — especially when the person is inexperienced as a driver.
- More than 25 cents of every dollar you pay for automobile insurance premiums goes to pay for damage done by drunk drivers.
IT CAN KILL YOUR FRIENDS!
- Drinking and driving accidents are the number one cause of death among teenagers.
- More than 12,000 young Americans are killed each year in accidents involving young people and alcohol.
- Forty thousand Americans are disfigured each year in accidents involving young people and alcohol.
IT CAN MAKE YOU ACT LIKE AN IDIOT!
- That’s the bottom line! People drink because they think acting like an idiot is the same as acting cool. People drink alcohol because they like the feeling of being “high” — which is actually just the feeling of having damage to the central nervous system. Who needs it?
IT CAN KILL YOU!
- Alcohol is a killer! It is responsible for drunk driving crashes.
- It is responsible for cirrhosis of the liver.
- It causes drowning and other fatal accidents.
- It is responsible for homicides and suicides.
- All by itself, alcohol is a lethal drug. Very large amounts of alcohol can cause death by putting to sleep the part of the brain which directs the respiratory system.
- Three people die every day in the United States from alcohol overdoses.
The next time you’re face to face with alcohol
Don’t get “Plastered” or “Bombed,”
“Ripped” or “Blitzed,”
“Sloshed” or “Wasted”