Mission and Services
The IT Department of Academic Technology leads the acquisition, implementation, maintenance and support for tools and platforms and coordinates with other university units. This mission requires cooperation and coordination between a variety of administrative, academic and technology units. We enable the university and its varied academic communities to realize their potential in teaching, learning, and research through the innovative design and meaningful integration of technology to meet broad and specialized goals, and by providing support, consulting and services which foster innovation.
Our Services and Goals
AT actively partners with faculty, staff, and students to imagine ways to use technology to meet academic goals. We:
- consult with faculty regarding use of technologies to solve pedagogical challenges and achieve learning outcomes;
- develop applications, learning modules, videos and web sites to support curricular needs;
- provide AV support for events, “smart” classrooms, equipment loans, and other technology resources to support Academic activities;
- explore current and emerging technology tools and consider how they might be used at PAVAMU to achieve or enhance its objectives;
- provide (or source) software platforms used to support events, learning (face-to-face and blended), and faculty work;
- facilitate training sessions with students and/or faculty to increase capacities and fluency with technologies.
“WITHOUT GOALS AND PLANS TO REACH THEM, YOU ARE LIKE A SHIP THAT HAS SET SAIL WITH NO DESTINATION.” — FITZHUGH DODSON
And thats why we are always planning. Learn more about our understanding and attitude towards planning.