Camp Coordinators & Directors Resources
Welcome Youth Camp Coordinators & Directors!
The Office of Academic Engagement & Student Success will help ensure that your camp or program with minors meets the system and state compliance requirements and also provide you with resources and tools to ensure that you have a safe and successful camp!
Prairie View A&M University is committed to providing our minors recreational, athletic, or enrichment/educational activities in a safe and nurturing environment.
Please review our University Administrative Procedure for Programs for Minors 24.01.06.P0.01 and our University Rule 24.01.06.P1, which provide the requirements and responsibilities for approval and operation of all programs for minors hosted by or affiliated with Prairie View A&M University.
Programs for Minors Policy Requirements
- Program for Minors Application
- Child Protection Training
- Background Checks
- Participant Liability Waivers
- Safety & Medical Care
Please note that the Programs and Camps for Minors Application and Forms must be submitted for approval a minimum of 15 business days prior to your camp or programs start date.
For a checklist and timeline of the various requirements to conduct a Program or Camp for Minors click here.
Click here to access the Programs for Minors Application and Required Forms.
Click here to review some great Youth Protection Resources and Tools as you prepare for your Camp or Program with Minors!
Programs for Minors Applications undergo a review process facilitated by the Office of Academic Engagement and Student Success. There are several levels of review and approval through different departments on campus, so advance planning is key!
If you have any questions regarding the programs for minors application process, please call or email anytime!
Jamila Clayton, Academic Support Services Coordinator: email@example.com 936-261-5914
Camps and Enrichment
- Camp Enrichment Activities from a Risk Management Perspective
- PVAMU Camp Roster ( closed until next summer )
- Camps and Enrichment Programs Application (closed until next summer)
- 2016 Summer Camp Pre-Camp Sign in form
- Camp and Enrichment Procedure (TAMU)
- Camp and Enrichment Procedure (PVAMU)
- How to Access Child Protection Training
- FY 2016 DSHS Campus Program for Minors Report
- Volunteer Waiver Form
- Volunteer Information Form
- Sample Medical Facility Notification Letter
- Third Party Camps Sample Medical Facility Notification Letter
- INCIDENT REPORT FORM – Blank
- Student Organization Waiver, Indemnification, and Medical Treatment Authorization Form