Starting Monday, December 18, 2017, The Testing Center hours are as follow:
- Monday, December 18, 2017: 8 AM - 5 PM
- Tuesday, December 19, 2017: 8 AM - 4 PM
On Wednesday, December 20, 2017 until Tuesday, January 2, 2018, the Testing Center will be closed. All registrations forms and payments will not be processed until Tuesday, January 2, 2018.
If you have already taken the TSI Assessment, please click on Cross Institutional Reporting and follow the link to fill out the Cross Institutional Reporting Form.
Cross Institutional Reporting Form - Use this link if you need our office to pull your TSI Assessment scores electronically from another institution
All students entering PVAMU must complete the assessment test unless they meet one of the approved exemptions.
A test exemption is a criteria that excuses you from taking the assessment test.
Student must have valid documentation for a placement test exemption (see below) on file with the University Admissions Office or must have taken and passed all sections of the current ACPE prior to enrolling in college-level classes. A student is exempt from taking the TSI Assessment based on the following test scores (minimum):
|SAT(Prior to March 5, 2016)||1070 (Combined) AND||500||500|
|Evidence Based Reading & Writing||Math|
|SAT (After March 5, 2016)||480||530|
|STAAR||ENGL 3 - 2200 AND||ENGL 3 - 2200||ALG 2 - 4000|
SAT and ACT scores are only valid for 5 years from the date of testing and all requirements listed above must be met on the same test date. Students wishing to be exempt from the TSI Assessment must have the minimum SAT/ACT Combined/Composite scores above. You may be partially exempt if you meet the minimum Combined or Composite score AND the minimum Verbal or Math scores.
You are exempt if you have met TSI (Texas Success Initiative) Requirements. If you have a transcript from an in‐state public institution that shows you met TSI (Texas Success Initiative) requirements, you do not need to take the assessment test.
You may be exempt based on previous college work.
If you are transferring to PVAMU and have earned a grade of "C" or higher in certain college courses from an accredited college or University, you do not need to test. Please call 936-261-3610 to see if your previously taken courses will exempt you.
You may be exempt based on previous developmental coursework or programs. If you have completed PVAMU's developmental course sequence or a PVAMU non-course based module successfully, you are exempt from taking the assessment test.
You are exempt if you have a college degree. If you have a college degree (associate degree or higher) you are exempt from taking the assessment test.
You may be exempt if you are a veteran. Students who were honorably discharged, retired or released from active duty in the armed forces, the Texas National
Guard or any reserve component of the armed forces, on or after August 1, 1990 may be exempt. A DD214 form showing honorable discharge status is required.
Military Waver Students on active duty in the armed forces, the Texas National Guard or any reserve component may be exempt. A letter from the commanding officer is required.
These exemptions are from the Texas Administrative Code, Title 19, Part 1, Chapter 4, Subchapter C, Rule §4.54
Enrolled prior to August 26, 2013:
|COMPASS||81||Algebra - 39||Written Skills 59 w/5 Essay|
|ACCUPLACER||78||Elementary Algebra - 63||Written Skills 80 w/5 Essay|
|ASSET||41||Elementary Algebra - 38||Written Skills 80 w/5 Essay|
Enrolled after August 26, 2013:
|TSI Assessment||351||350||340 Multiple Choice w/4 Essay OR 5 Essay|
If you have a question please contact us at (936) 261-3610 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TSI Testing Options
- All students must register online prior to there arrival for testing.
- Walk-In Testing is only available on the PVAMU main campus, Tuesday thru Thursday from 12-5 PM.
- Check In BEGINS at 12 PM in the Wilhelmina Delco Building, Ground Floor, ROOM 101.
- No Student will be admitted for testing after 3 PM.
- Anyone testing CANNOT take the same section TWICE in one day.
- Seating is available on a first come, first serve basis.
In order to take the exam, you will be required to present one form of identification. The ID must be current (or have expired within 90 days of your test date) and must contain a recent and recognizable photo of you.
Acceptable Forms of Identification
- Driver's License
- Passport book or card
- State-issued ID card
- US Military ID Card (Common Access Card or CAC)
- US Permanent Resident Card
- PVAMU Student ID
- Current Year High School ID
All students must pay prior to their arrival for testing. No student will be allowed to test without paying for their exam.
Please READ the following information BEFORE clicking the REGISTER button:
What is Remote Testing?
Remote testing allows PVAMU students to take the TSI Assessment at a college or university close to their homes. Remote Testing is available for all students who are located outside of the Prairie View Area and cannot take the TSI Assessment on the main campus and is especially useful for out-of-state students.
How the Remote Testing Process Works?
- Register and pay for remote voucher through PVAMU Testing Center.
- Remote Voucher is sent via email from Accuplacer to the remote institution and student.
- After receiving Remote Voucher, student makes the appointment with remote institution and pays any administration fees.*
- Student takes the exam
- Upon Completion, TSI results are inputted into the PVAMU system by the TSI office.
*BE AWARE that in addition to the PVAMU cost for the exam ($10/section), the institution administering the exam may charge an additional administration (proctoring) fee that students are responsible to pay.
What are my options if I do not see a Remote Testing location on the Pre-Approved Remote Testing Site List?
- If there is NOT a Pre-Approved site in your area, you will need to call a local college or university and see if they will proctor the exam for you. Please note that Remote Testing does not cost the proctoring institution any materials. ALL login information will be provided by the PVAMU Testing Center and our materials will be used. It is very important that proctoring testing centers are aware of this as it will make them more likely to allow you to test using their facilities.
- If a proctoring institution says YES, you must obtain their contact information (University Name, Contact Name, Phone Number, and Email) and include it in the registration form.
- If you cannot find an institution to proctor the exam, please call or email the PVAMU testing Center.
Remote Testing Guidelines
- Out of state students are only permitted to test at a community college, technical/vocational school or four year university. Students will NOT BE permitted to test at any of the following: high schools, public libraries, for-profit testing centers or any other location not approved by the PVAMU Testing Office.
- Students who are out of the country living on US military bases may contact us about testing with the DOD testing centers located on your base and approval will be determined on a case by case basis.
DO NOT REGISTER FOR REMOTE TESTING IF YOU WANT TO TAKE IT ON THE PVAMU - MAIN CAMPUS
Please note, if you do not pay for your exam via the PV Marketplace, your registration form will not be processed.
Please note that Registration forms are not processed automatically. If you have not received a confirmation email within 72 hours of your registration, please check your SPAM or JUNK mail, or send an email to email@example.com.
Please READ the following information BEFORE clicking the REGISTER button:
Class testing is only available for students who are taking developmental courses at PVAMU. Students do not have to pay for the exam as it is included in their course fees. Students will be given only one attempt to pass the TSI exam through class testing. After the first attempt students must register and pay for walk-in testing and come in during regular walk-in testing hours.
Registering for Class Testing is mandatory and you will not be allowed to test on exam day if this activity is not completed.
This site is maintained by Jeremy E. Sample
Last updated: 3/2017