HESI A2 – Retest
The HESI A2 test is administered to PVAMU students by the Testing Department on behalf of the College of Nursing for applicants to the Nursing program. Applicants MAY NOT take or RETAKE the exam anywhere other than the APPROVED locations which include the national Prometrics locations and on the main PVAMU campus through the office of testing. Locations for the Houston area can be found here.
# of seats
|2/24/17||HESI A2 RETEST||Delco Bldg||101||12 PM||29||2/17/17|
|2/27/17||HESI A2 RETEST||Delco Bldg||101||12 PM||29||2/20/17|
|3/2/17||HESI A2 RETEST||Delco Bldg||101||12 PM||25||2/23/17|
- You may only retest if you have the HESI A2 RETEST Approval Form from the Pre-Nursing Office on file with the Testing office.
- The Testing Office must have your approval form on file before your registration will be processed.
- No Retests will be given without approval.
- You must register for the exam and registration will be on a first come, first serve basis.
- Seating is limited for each date, so no walk-ins will be allowed.
- The exam consist of five (5) sections: Grammar, Reading Comprehension, Critical Thinking, Anatomy and Physiology, and Math.
- You will have four (4) hours to complete the exam.
- HESI exam results are good for one (1) year.
- Students are only allowed to take the test twice before they will not be considered for the College of Nursing.
- The second attempt must be a minimum of 30 days after the first attempt.
- You will be provided scratch paper and a pencil.
- Additional resources, such as a conversion table or periodic table, will not be provided.
- Please arrive 30 minutes prior to the start of the exam.
Once you have registered and paid for your exam, you will need to go to https://evolve.elsevier.com to create your Evolve username and password by clicking Login at the top of the page and selecting “Create An Account.” You must bring this user name and password to the exam and any retests. Please use your eight (8) digit PVID # (Pxxxxxxxx) and your PVAMU e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) when creating your Evolve account. Without this information, your scores will be delayed.
Students must present two forms of identification before they will be allowed to test. The first one must be a valid government issued ID that is current and contains a recent and recognizable photo. Registrants must also present a second form of ID that is current and contains their first and last name. Also, your first and last name on your ID’ must match exactly the first and last name on your registration form. Student must have an acceptable form of ID from each list.
Acceptable Forms of 1st ID: Driver’s License, Passport book or card, State-issued ID card, US military ID Card (Common Access Card or CAC), US Permanent Resident Card (Green Card)
Acceptable forms of 2nd ID: Birth Certificate, Credit or Debit Card, Government-issued employment ID, Social Security, Insurance Card, Student High School or College ID
Method of Payment
$60 for PVAMU students and $75 for non-PVAMU students.It does not matter if you are taking one or all 5 parts of the exam, the cost remains the same. All administration fees MUST be paid prior to your arrival for testing through the PV Marketplace or in cash at the cashier’s window in the WR Banks Building. Students will need to bring the receipt as proof of payment for all cash payments. All administrative fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
To reschedule an exam, you must have approval in writing from the College of Nursing. You must submit the approval BEFORE the scheduled exam date or you will be required to pay the administration fee again.
YOUR SPOT WILL NOT BE HELD IF YOU HAVE NOT PAID.
- Any device capable of recording audio, photographic or video content, or capable of viewing or playing back such content
- Calculators (a calculator function is built into the software for some exams)
- Candidate-provided keyboards
- Cellular phones/pagers, smart-phones, beepers, walkie-talkies, PDAs or wireless communication devices (e.g., BlackBerry, iPad)
- Dictionaries, books, pamphlets or reference materials
- Digital cameras
- Digital watches, alarm watches or wristwatch cameras
- Flash/thumb drives or any other portable electronic devices
- Food, beverages, or tobacco products
- Hats (unless worn as a religious requirement)
- Listening devices such as radios, media players with headphones or recorders
- Mechanical pencils, pens or highlighters
- Non-medical electronic devices
- Papers of any kind
- Slide rules, protractors, compasses or rulers
- Weapons or Firearms
HESI Study Information
Applicants should prepare for this exam. There are several kinds of study materials available, ranging in price from $20-$100. Locate these by searching online for “HESI A2 preparation” or by browsing in a bookstore. Preparation can also be done on campus by visiting the Student Academic Success Center on the 3rd floor of the library or the Center for Academic Support located on the 2nd floor of the library.
Students are permitted to take the pre-nursing entrance examination (HESI A2) twice. Successful completion of the examination is a score of 75% in the areas of Reading, Grammar, Mathematics, Anatomy/Physiology, and the writing of the Critical Thinking section within two attempts.
Please note that Registration forms are not processed automatically. If you have not received a confirmation email within 72 hours of your scheduled exam date, please check your SPAM or JUNK mail, or send an email to email@example.com.
Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.