Click here to access all requirements and prohibited items from the College Board. As an approved examination site, PVAMU is required to fulfill ALL requirements in accordance with their policies. This includes, but is not limited to, proper identification and/or prohibited items.
This test is available for students who wish to have the opportunity to receive college credit for what they already know by earning qualifying scores on any of the CLEP examinations we offer.
- All CLEP exams are by appointment only and are subject to change at any time.
- CLEP exams are only given on Friday’s from 9 AM to 3 PM.
- CLEP exams are given in the Testing Lab, Delco 101 on the main campus.
- CLEP scores are good for 20 years from the date of testing.
- All students must wait 3 months to retest the same CLEP exam.
- All students registering for the CLEP exam MUST be TSI Complete.
- All students requesting CLEP credit be added to their transcripts MUST be TSI complete.
- A list of the CLEP credits we accept at PVAMU can be found here.
Method of Payment
Students can pay the $80 exam fee online at clep.collegeboard.org. As of January 1, 2014, College Board only accepts payment through their website. You can no longer pay onsite and this does not include the administration fee you must pay to PVAMU. Once you pay, you will be issued a voucher number to bring with you on your test day. You MUST bring the voucher number with you or you will not be allowed to test.
$25 for PVAMU students and $40 for Non-PVAMU students. All administration fees MUST be paid prior to your arrival for testing through the PV Marketplace or in cash at the cashier’s window in the WR Banks Building. Students will need to bring the receipt as proof of payment for all cash payments. All administrative fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- You must bring a photo ID that includes a recognizable photo and signature. The following identifications are acceptable: Driver’s License, Passport, Military ID, Certificate of Citizenship, Green Card, Naturalization Card, Tribal ID, or State/National/Province ID. First name, last name, and date of birth must match what is on your registration ticket. You will be asked to show the identification to be admitted to the testing lab.
- Military test-takers must bring their military ID and Social Security Card.
- Home-schoolers, if you do not have the required government issued ID, please complete a Student ID Form, which is valid for one year (http://clep.collegeboard.org/exam-day-info). The form must be accompanied by a recognizable photo with a school or notary seal overlapping the photo. The form must be signed in front of a school official or a notary. The form must be signed in the presence of testing staff when used for subsequent testing administrations.
- Any device capable of recording audio, photographic or video content, or capable of viewing or playing back such content
- Calculators (a calculator function is built into the software for some exams)
- Candidate-provided keyboards
- Cellular phones/pagers, smart-phones, beepers, walkie-talkies, PDAs or wireless communication devices (e.g., BlackBerry, iPad)
- Dictionaries, books, pamphlets or reference materials
- Digital cameras
- Digital watches, alarm watches or wristwatch cameras
- Flash/thumb drives or any other portable electronic devices
- Food, beverages, or tobacco products
- Hats (unless worn as a religious requirement)
- Listening devices such as radios, media players with headphones or recorders
- Mechanical pencils, pens or highlighters
- Non-medical electronic devices
- Papers of any kind
- Slide rules, protractors, compasses or rulers
- Weapons or Firearms
Obtaining CLEP transcripts
If you did not indicate a score recipient institution at the time of your exam, and you want to request your CLEP scores, you can do so by ordering a CLEP transcript. This transcript is a cumulative score report of all the CLEP exams you’ve taken, and the scores you earned in the last 20 years. The institutional transcripts must be official transcripts in a sealed envelope, and show credit was received for the CLEP exam(s).
After The Exam
If you pass the CLEP exam, you will need to wait until CLEP sends the official transcript to the Testing Office. This could take from 2 to 6 weeks. Once the transcript is received, a letter will be sent to the registrar’s office informing them to grant the student credit for the CLEP exam that was taken.
Please note that Registration forms are not processed automatically. If you have not received a confirmation call within 72 hours of your registration, please send an email to email@example.com.
This site is maintained by Jeremy E. Sample
Last updated: 1/2017
Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.