HESI A2 Exam
The HESI A2 test is administered to PVAMU students by the Testing Department on behalf of the College of Nursing for applicants to the Nursing program.
This form is for students who have NEVER taken the HESI before (on or off campus). If you have taken the exam before, you will need to fill out the HESI RETEST form.
Upcoming HESI A2 Dates:
Please contact the testing office at (936) 261-3699 to reschedule your exam.
# of seats
|August 31, 2015||HESI – 1st Time||Delco||101||12:00 PM||30||August 24, 2015 @ 5 PM|
Information & Questions
You must pre-register for the exam; no walk-ins will be allowed. Seating is limited for each date and registration will be on a first-come, first-served basis. Seating is not guaranteed until the exam fee has been paid.
Once you have registered and paid for your exam, you will need to go to https://evolve.elsevier.com to create your Evolve username and password by clicking Login at the top of the page and selecting “Create An Account.” You must bring this user name and password to the exam and any retests. Please use your eight (8) digit PVID # (Pxxxxxxxx) and your PVAMU e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) when creating your Evolve account. Without this information, your scores will be delayed.
PVAMU Main Campus – Delco Building – Room 101
PVAMU Nursing Campus – Room 928
- A photo ID is required for check-in.
- Please arrive 30 minutes prior to start of exam.
- You will be provided scratch paper and a pencil.
- Additional resources, such as a conversion table or periodic table, will not be provided.
- Any device capable of recording audio, photographic or video content, or capable of viewing or playing back such content
- Calculators (a calculator function is built into the software for some exams)
- Candidate-provided keyboards
- Cellular phones/pagers, smart-phones, beepers, walkie-talkies, PDAs or wireless communication devices (e.g., BlackBerry, iPad)
- Dictionaries, books, pamphlets or reference materials
- Digital cameras
- Digital watches, alarm watches or wristwatch cameras
- Flash/thumb drives or any other portable electronic devices
- Food, beverages, or tobacco products
- Hats (unless worn as a religious requirement)
- Listening devices such as radios, media players with headphones or recorders
- Mechanical pencils, pens or highlighters
- Non-medical electronic devices
- Papers of any kind
- Slide rules, protractors, compasses or rulers
- Weapons or Firearms
All exams are non-transferable and non-refundable
The cost for the HESI A2 – Exam is $60 for PVAMU students and $75 for non-PVAMU students.
HESI A2 Exam Technical Information
The HESI A2 is a computerized exam consisting of five (5) sections: grammar, reading comprehension, critical thinking, anatomy and physiology, and math. You will have 4.5 hours to complete the exam. Results of the exam are good for one (1) year. You are only allowed to take the test twice before you will not be considered for the College of Nursing. The second attempt must be a minimum of 30 days after the first attempt.
Applicants should prepare for this exam. There are several kinds of study materials available, ranging in price from $20-$100. Locate these by searching online for “HESI A2 preparation” or by browsing in a bookstore. Preparation can also be done on campus by visiting the Student Academic Success Center on the 3rd floor of the library or the University Tutoring Center located on the 2nd floor of the library.
Students are permitted to take the pre-nursing entrance examination (HESI A2) twice. Successful completion of the examination is a score of 75% in the areas of Reading, Grammar, Mathematics, Anatomy/Physiology, and the writing of the Critical Thinking section within two attempts.
This site is maintained by Melissa C. De Witt
Last updated 8/20/15
Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.