About the CLEP Exam(s)
This test is available for students who wish to have the opportunity to receive college credit for what they already know by earning qualifying scores on any of the CLEP examinations we offer.
- CLEP scores are good for 20 years
- Administrative fee is $25.00 for PVAMU Students and $40.00 for non-PVAMU Students (payable online prior to exam scheduling)
- The exam fee is $80.00 (payable prior to arrival for the exam. You MUST bring the voucher number with you or you will not be allowed to test)
- The exam may be given up to 2 hours prior to closing
- The exam is given at the PVAMU – Main Campus
Method of Payment
As of January 1, 2014, College Board only accepts payment through their website. You can no longer pay onsite. Once you pay, you will be issued a voucher number to bring with you on your test day. You can pay online at clep.collegeboard.org. This does not include the administration fee you must pay to PVAMU.
- Photo ID – Your driver’s license, passport or other government-issued identification that includes your photograph and signature, as well as a secondary form of ID that includes a photo and/or your signature, such as a student ID. You will be asked to show this identification to be admitted to the testing area. The last name on your primary ID must match the name on your registration ticket.
- Military test-takers, bring your military ID and Social Security Card.
- Home-schoolers, if you do not have the required government issued ID, please complete a Student ID Form, which is valid for one year (http://clep.collegeboard.org/exam-day-info). The form must be accompanied by a recognizable photo with a school or notary seal overlapping the photo. The form must be signed in front of a school official or a notary. The form must be signed in the presence of testing staff when used for subsequent testing administrations.
- Any student wishing to retest must wait 3 months between tests
- Any device capable of recording audio, photographic or video content, or capable of viewing or playing back such content
- Calculators (a calculator function is built into the software for some exams)
- Candidate-provided keyboards
- Cellular phones/pagers, smart-phones, beepers, walkie-talkies, PDAs or wireless communication devices (e.g., BlackBerry, iPad)
- Dictionaries, books, pamphlets or reference materials
- Digital cameras
- Digital watches, alarm watches or wristwatch cameras
- Flash/thumb drives or any other portable electronic devices
- Food, beverages, or tobacco products
- Hats (unless worn as a religious requirement)
- Listening devices such as radios, media players with headphones or recorders
- Mechanical pencils, pens or highlighters
- Non-medical electronic devices
- Papers of any kind
- Slide rules, protractors, compasses or rulers
- Weapons or Firearms
Obtaining CLEP transcripts
If you did not indicate a score recipient institution at the time of your exam, and you want to request your CLEP scores, you can do so by ordering a CLEP transcript.
This transcript is a cumulative score report of all the CLEP exams you’ve taken, and the scores you earned in the last 20 years.
The institutional transcripts must be official transcripts in a sealed envelope, and show credit was received for the CLEP exam(s).
A list of the CLEP credits we accept at PVAMU can be found here. All CLEP tests are by appointment only and are subject to change at any time.
CLEP exams will only be given during business hours M-F 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.