The Center for Academic Support’s mission is to provide a solid foundation that enables students to become confident, capable, independent learners. Competent and caring faculty, tutors and staff guide students in identifying, acquiring, and enhancing the knowledge, skills and attitudes needed to reach their desired goals,in a safe and encouraging learning environment.
- Provide tutoring for a variety of courses, as needed, in all academic areas.
- Coordinate with faculty members to provide supplemental and/or structured learning experiences to support classroom instruction.
- Organize study groups to enable students to work together to achieve academic goals.
- Identify potential student peer tutors who may provide tutorial support for courses not currently beingserved.
- Identify and implement additional services that may support students’ academic success, based on both expressed and demonstrated needs.
This site is maintained by Melissa C. De Witt Last updated 7/20/13
Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.