April 13, 2014 thru April 19, 2014
The National Student Employment Association (NSEA) declares a full week in April as National Student Employment Week. National Student Employment Appreciation Week offers our University the opportunity to focus on those students attending college and displaying excellent performance and work ethics in their workplace. NSEA supports and promotes student employment through research, publications, professional development opportunities and encourages open exchange of information.
Departments and supervisors are encouraged to take time during National Student Employment Week to let their student employees know how much their work is appreciated. Acknowledging their effort motivates, encourages and thanks student employees while providing incentives for them to continue their efforts.
Ways to Celebrate
Here are a few ideas on how to celebrate and show appreciation to your student workers.
- Have a Pizza Party. Designate a day when the whole staff can get together and order pizza. Include soda and chips and you’re in for a good time!
- Bring in a sheet cake, cupcakes, or brownies. Have a Desert Party!
- Organize a Potluck Luncheon to be held in the office. Again, the entire department can take part.
- Collect assorted goodies (cookies, chocolates, crackers, cheeses, candy, etc) and make a Care Package for your students.
- Wrap up small bags of jellybeans, chocolate eggs, etc. tie with a ribbon.
- Have a Chip & Dip Party.
- Build your own Ice Cream Sundae Party. Bring in a couple of different flavors and toppings. This is something the whole department could take part in.
Links for Additional Information
- Career & Outreach Services
- National Student Employment Association
- Southern Association of Student Employment Administrators
Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.