You can refer to the following resources for more information and save them in your browser for later reference.
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission: (EEOC)
Federal Laws Prohibiting Job Discrimination
Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
The Civil Rights Act of 1991 As Amended
Title VII – RACE/Color Discrimination
The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Titles I and V
The Rehabilitation Act of 1973 Sections 501 and 505
U.S. Department of Labor-Office of Contracts and Compliance Programs
Affirmative Action-Executive Order 11246
The Implicit Association Test:
- Project Implicit is a long-term research project based at Harvard University that aims to measure people’s preferences for certain social groups over others
- The IAT is designed to examine which words and concepts are strongly paired in people’s mind.
- It is taken anonymously, requires only about 5-10 minutes to complete and provides insight into personal biases, including race, gender, sexual orientation, etc.
- The test requires Macromedia Flash Player
- More than 4.5 million people have completed the online demonstration tests since 1998.
Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.