MEMBERSHIP INTAKE PROCESS (MIP)
- Expectations of Organizations
- MIP Eligibility Criteria
- CSO/NPHC General Member Information
- Greek Life Perspectives (GLP) Workshop
- New Members Yard Show
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Hazing – The Law
The membership intake period for Spring 2014 will begin no earlier Friday, February 21, 2014 and end no later than Monday, April 7, 2014 at 4:00 p.m. During the membership intake process, activities can begin at the following designated times: Monday thru Thursday, 5:00 PM – 10:00 PM; Friday, 5:00 PM – 12:00 AM (midnight); Saturday, 8:00 AM – 12:00 AM (midnight); and Sunday, 8:00 AM – 10:00 PM. Please note: No organization may conduct any membership intake-related activities during Wednesday – Sunday, March 6-16, 2014. All membership intake-related activities must take place on the main campus.
Organizations wishing to conduct membership intake this semester should follow the steps outlined below. Any organization conducting membership intake activities must submit a completed packet and receive official authorization from the Office of Student Engagement before membership intake activities commence. Please note, any organization not completing this process will be considered in violation of University regulations.
1. The academic mission of the institution will be upheld and promoted to new members.
2. The membership activities will not interfere with academic endeavors or class schedules.
3. The selection of new members will be free of any form of mental and/or physical abuse and hazing.
4. Chapters will not engage in pre or post hazing activities.
5. Chapter advisors will be present at all membership related activities.
6. Chapters complete all required paperwork in a timely fashion.
7. That no membership activity includes the presence or consumption of alcohol.
1. Earned 30 credit hours at PVAMU. Transfer students must have earned 12 credit hours of the 30 hours required from PVAMU.
2. Must have a 2.800 cumulative GPA
3. Fifteen (15) hours of verifiable community service
4. A full-time, currently enrolled student
5. Does not have any outstanding student conduct code violations
6. Complete one (1) Greek Life Perspectives Course during the semester of MIP participation .
1. Maintain a 2.500 cumulative GPA
2. A full-time, currently enrolled student
3. Be in good standing with the PVAMU
4. Completed minimum fifteen (15) hours community service requirement for respective organizations.
All students participating in Prairie View A&M University Spring 2014 Membership Intake Program must complete a Greek Life Perspectives (GLP) Workshop. Prospective members must complete the GLP Workshop prior to the chapter’s paperwork submittal to the Office of Student Engagement.
Greek Life Perspectives (GLP) Workshop Dates (New Science Building A101 & A103):
Saturday, February 1, 2014
Sunday, February 2, 2014
Saturday, February 8, 2014
Sunday, February 9, 2014
Saturday, February 15, 2014
Sunday, February 16, 2014
Saturday, February 22, 2014
Sunday, February 23, 2014
Failure of the requested individuals to attend this meeting will forfeit his/her opportunity to participate in the university’s Spring 2014 Membership Intake Process Program.
The Spring 2014 New Members Yard Show is scheduled for 6:30 p.m., Monday, April 7, 2014 and Tuesday, April 8, 2014, William “Billy” J. Nicks Fieldhouse (Baby Dome). All newly initiated members must visibly display organizational paraphernalia, i.e. shirts, hats, wind suit, etc. on this date. SO, COME OUT AND PROUDLY REPRESENT YOUR ORGANIZATION!
The university-recognized chapter advisor must be present throughout the duration of all membership intake-related activities. The chapter’s failure to abide with this directive and all other university guidelines, policies, and procedures can result in severe disciplinary action, including but not limited to expulsion from Prairie View A&M University.
Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.