Cheer Squad Handbook: Art. V Sec. A-C: Responsibilities and Duties
Squad members are required to
- Attend all scheduled practices.
- Attend all summer camp practices.
- Be properly dressed for practices (cheer attire only).
- Not wear any jewelry during practice, game or any cheerleading activity.
- Support all fund raising activities. Non-participation may warrant disciplinary action.
- Assist in preparing spirit related materials e.g. banners, posters, etc.
- Be responsible for equipment and uniforms in your possession.
- In the case of females, members must maintain proper fingernail length and secure hair so as not to complicate and/or injure other members while performing
- In the case of males, members must also be neatly groomed (neatly shaved and trimmed hair).
- Proper hygiene practices are essential for squad members
Each captain is:
- Responsible for the squads’ performance.
- Responsible for conducting practice and ensuring that each knows his or her routine.
- Responsible for the dissemination of information among the squad e.g. practice schedules, uniforms to be worn, where to meet, routines, emergencies etc.
- To stimulate spirit among the other squad members and the student body.
- To inform advisor of decisions and or activities of the squad for approval.
- Ensure adherence to the Cheerleaders/Doll/Mascot/Panther Doll Policies and Procedures and the PVAMU Student Handbook.
- Attend all practices, games and special events related to Cheer activities.
- Report directly to the Director of Student Activities and Leadership.
- Advisor will determine whether practices, games, activities, etc. will be dismissed or canceled.
- Final decision making for the squad.
- Coordinating and overseeing the entire cheerleading program.
- Make reasonable allowances, in the case of inclement weather conditions.
Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.