Our same-day crisis services in SCS are designed to assist students who are confronting life-threatening circumstances, current or recent traumatic crises, and serious mental illness. Examples of such issues include:
- suicidal thoughts
- the need to be hospitalized
- thoughts about killing another person
- recent sexual assault or abuse
- knowledge of another person being abused or assaulted
- hallucinations (e.g. hearing voices or sounds that others are unable to hear)
- recent death of a loved one
- concern about your own safety
- witnessing or experiencing a traumatic event
- a issue that may impact the decision to remain at PVAMU
A professional counselor is available to meet with students in crisis because delayed actions could lead to serious consequences or seriously aggravate their existing condition if not seen immediately.
If you believe that your situation is a crisis that cannot wait for a regularly scheduled appointment, please contact our office at 936-261-3564 A counselor will meet with you today to conduct a brief assessment and make recommendations as to how to proceed.
Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.