Purpose of Award
The Division of Student Affairs Faculty Student Development Award recognizes a teaching or non-teaching faculty member who has gone beyond his or her responsibilities to engage and encourage undergraduate and graduate students in learning, scholarly activities, and/or professional development. Examples include student engagement in conferences, field trips, independent study activities, international/national travel, service learning activities, and/or work with student clubs/organizations. Although teaching excellence, scholarly activity, and service are important roles of faculty members, these areas will not be considered for this award.
- Full time faculty status at Prairie View A&M University for at least 2 years
- Faculty rank of assistant professor or higher
- Has not received the A&M System Student Recognition Award for Teaching Excellence in the last 2 years
- Student development activities must have been completed while employed at PVAMU.
Format of Award
The recipient will receive $500.00 professional development travel voucher (for the next academic year), a plaque and a feature story in the student newspaper.
Persons may be nominated or may self nominate after confirming that prospective nominee is willing to accept the nomination and submit his/her supporting materials by the deadline date.
Supporting Materials Required by the Nominee
- Letter to the committee addressing how the nominee meets the two achievement criteria listed below (in the case of self-nomination, this letter will serve both purposes)
- A current curriculum vitae
- Documentation of student development activities
- Other materials to support student development activities in the last 3 years
Faculty Student Development Award Committee
The Faculty Student Development Award Committee will consist of the Associate Vice President’s Faculty Award Committee.
Achievement Criteria to be used by the Selection Committee
- Evidence of commitment to the Whole-Person concept of the college experience
- Impact of student development activities on the student(s) and/or profession
2012 Prairie View A&M University Student Development Award Program
Faculty (Teaching & Non-Teaching) Nomination Form and Essay
Please forward nomination and support documentation by or before the application deadline. To nominate a faculty person, simply complete the remainder of information solicited on this page. In the essay section, describe and evaluate your candidate’s dedication to the “Whole-Person” concept of student development. Your nomination should clearly reflect how your nominee’s teaching and/or non-teaching endeavors exemplifies the Student Affairs mission to offer a comprehensive range of student development services, activities and programs that support the cultural, social, intellectual, and physical development of all students. Please give specific examples. Please scan or deliver by campus mail all flyers, publication proofs, service learning pictures, assessments and/or student impact statements – artifacts of your choosing to give the Selection Committee a more comprehensive look at your nominee. Self nominations are permissible with documentation. Please adhere to the guidelines. Deliver artifacts to: Kay Norman, Director of Student Services – Evans Hall, Room. 317A. DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF NOMINATIONS: 5:00P.M., Thursday, May 31, 2012 Award winners will be announced during the Faculty/Staff Convocation in August.
Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.