An Internship is a single work assignment, usually done during the summer. Like Co-op, a student may receive academic credit for an internship in accordance to rules for each academic department. There are unlimited work periods during the summer, semester breaks, and some holidays for an intern.
Please select a College to view available internships for your major:
WHAT STEPS DO I TAKE TO GET STARTED WITH AN INTERNSHIP OR CO-OP?Career Services provides services to all students representing all majors at PVAMU. Here are some steps to start your search for an intern or co-op opportunity:
- Complete 30 hours of college credit prior to beginning the co-op or internship. (Note: Students may interview for positions during the semester in which they will complete the required number of hours).
- Have a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or above.
- Create your PantherLink account (to create, use your student email address and the password "productive").
- Establish a file with the intern/co-op office, and update the file each semester (i.e., grade summary or transcript, resume, phone number, etc.).
- Participate in on-campus interviews.
- Register with prospective department to receive academic credit prior to the co-op/internship assignment.
- Notify Career Services of any offers received and accepted/declined.
Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.