Items needed at submission
- 1 Hard copy with original signatures
- 10 Hard Copies of the original protocol
- Proof of CITI training
- Informed Consent/ Assent
- Copy of Instrument(s)
- Conflict of Interest form (COI), if applicable
- Electronic copies of all documents submitted
Step by Step Explanation of the process
- First, you will need to complete the electronic training (CITI), the Conflict of Interest form (COI), if applicable, and submit a Protocol application to the IRB.
- If your research is for your thesis or dissertation, each of your committee members MUST provide evidence of their completion of the current CITI training before you can be placed on the agenda. NIH is not acceptable.
- We will need a copy of the signature page of your proposal defense and one copy (electronic and hard) of your proposal.
- If you are involving another institution as a part of your research we will need a letter from the administration granting access to the population or data set.
- If you are using a survey instrument that is public domain, we will need evidence that the instrument is public domain. If it is private a letter indicating that the instrument is used with authorization will be needed.
- In the event of direct contact with participants provide letters of consent/assent and all promotional materials and scripts.
Please submit all documents to:
Campus Mail: MS 2800
In Person: Office of Regulatory Research Compliance, Delco, Suites 133
Off Campus: Crysta Mendes, P. O. Box 519, Prairie View, Texas, 77446
Once you have met all of the requirements listed above, you will be notified of the date in which you will go before the board (if necessary).
If you have any questions or need assistance completing this application, please call (936) 261-1553 or email Research@pvamu.edu
Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.