The Office of Financial Administration is committed to supporting the University achieve its first-class status in teaching, research and service by providing efficient and effective services to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting, procurement compliance and protection of University assets in a manner that ensures compliance with applicable laws, policies, rules and regulations.
Impeccable Service Commitment
- Each employee in the Division of Business Affairs is committed to the Golden Rule; i.e., we will treat everyone as we would like to be treated.
- Each employee in the Division of Business Affairs commits to return all telephone calls and emails by the end of the second business day from when it was received.
- Each employee in the Division of Business Affairs commits to try to put all customers in contact with the correct department if we cannot resolve the problem ourselves.
Code of Ethics
National Association of Educational Procurement (NAEP)
(As a member of NAEP, the Procurement Office at Prairie View A&M University is committed to it’s code of ethics).
- Give first consideration to the objectives and policies of my institution.
- Strive to obtain the maximum value for each dollar of expenditure.
- Decline personal gifts or gratuities.
- Grant all competitive suppliers equal consideration insofar as state or federal statute and institutional policy permit.
- Conduct business with potential and current suppliers in an atmosphere of good faith, devoid of intentional misrepresentation.
- Demand honesty in sales representation whether offered through the medium of a verbal or written statement, an advertisement, or a sample of the product.
- Receive consent of originator of proprietary ideas and designs before using them for competitive purchasing purposes.
- Make every reasonable effort to negotiate an equitable and mutually agreeable settlement of any controversy with a supplier; and/or be willing to submit any major controversies to arbitration or other authorized third party review, insofar as the established policies of my institution permit.
- Accord a prompt and courteous reception insofar as conditions permit to all who call on legitimate business missions.
- Cooperate with trade, industrial and professional associations, and with governmental and private agencies for the purposes of promoting and developing sound business methods.
- Foster fair, ethical and legal trade practices.
- Counsel and cooperate with NAEP members and promote a spirit of unity and a keen interest in professional growth among them.
Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.