Theme: “GROWING GLOBAL CITIZENS AT HBCUs”
Participants must be enrolled as full-time undergraduate students at the University as of Spring 2019. They must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0, placing them in good academic standing and they must be in good student conduct standing as determined by the Office of Student Conduct. Students who won prizes in 2018 are not eligible for this year’s competition.
- Focus on the theme: “Growing Global Citizens at HBCUs.”
- Consult library research resources, peers, and experts as you brainstorm;
- Experiment with an essay title that captures the essence of the theme;
- Write and allow ample time to revise your essay, recheck references, and ensure completion; • By midnight, Monday, February 11, 2019 submit your essay electronically to the website http://pvamustaging.wpengine.com/essay-oratorical-contest
- Finalists will be notified by email on February 20, 2019 and may notify parents and special guests of the upcoming oratory competition; finalists will be invited to receive expert practice help on either February 25 or 26th (watch your campus email);
- On Wednesday, February 27, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. in the Don K. Clark Auditorium, each essay finalist will deliver a 7-9 minute oration based upon the written essay.