- If a written correspondence to any higher office or outside agency or entity relates to matters that will eventually require review and/or approval by the President, the initiating department is required to provide a copy to the Office of the President.
Contact: Office of the President (Back to Index..)
- System Policy (25.07.01) requires the CEOs of each agency and institution of higher education in The Texas A&M University System to annually update and submit its contracting delegations to the Chancellors Office for approval by the Board of Regents. The current approved contracting delegations for the University are attached (Attachment 1).
- Each Vice President, Dean, Director and Department is responsible for ensuring that all contracts are processed through the appropriate administrative channels for reviews and approvals, as indicated in the contracting delegations.
- The Vice President for Finance & Administration or his/her designee(s) will review all contracts, coordinate the requisite reviews by the System Office of General Counsel and will verify compliance with the contracting delegations.
Contact: Asst. Vice President for Fiscal and Administrative Services (Back to Index..)
1. Required Approvals
Generally, grant and contract proposals contain commitment of University resources, to include faculty, staff, facilities, equipment and/or matching funds. To ensure that all individuals in the chain of command are afforded the opportunity to review, certify and approve the proposals and commitments contained therein, the following approvals are required for all proposals:
a. Principal Investigator
b. Department Head
c. Dean or Director
d. Office of Sponsored Programs
e. Vice President for Research and Development
g. Vice President
h. Research Foundation (if they administer grant)
If any changes are made at any level in the approval process, the proposal should be routed back to the originator and through the approval chain again.
2. Certification of University Resource Commitments
The vice president approving the proposal certifies by their signature that they have the necessary resources under the purview to meet all resource commitments. To ensure that the vice president and their subordinates are knowledgeable of all commitments contained in the proposal, the standard proposal approval form must be used (Attachment 1).
Contact: Vice President for Research and Development (Back to Index..)
Generally, legal actions carry with them deadlines for University action, which if not adhered to could have serious repercussions on the University. The purpose of this procedure is to define the University’s process for handling legal matters.
2.1 Departments receiving a legal notice should immediately forward them to the responsible
office, as defined below:
|Legal Notice||Responsible Office|
|Bankruptcy Notice||Office of Finance & Administration|
|Department of Labor Complaint||Human Resources Department|
|EEO Complaint||Human Resources Department|
|Lawsuits||Office of Finance & Administration|
|Open Records Requests||Office of Finance & Administration|
|Other||Office of Finance & Administration|
2.2 The responsible office will immediately notify the appropriate System Office and coordinate
the University’s response. The responsible office will also keep the President and applicable
vice president informed of action filed.
Contact: Vice President for Business Affairs (Back to Index..)
Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.