All funds disbursed by Prairie View A&M University, including salary funds, are subject to Prairie View A&M University regulations and control regardless of the original source for the funds. Therefore, the source of funds (grants and contracts, local funds, etc.) for payment of salaries shall be subject to Prairie View A&M University’s rates of pay established for all positions.
The structure of the plan is intended to accomplish the following functions:
- Define the competitive pay position of jobs within the university to the relevant external market;
- Establish differential pay levels between jobs to recognize differing demands; and
- Establish lower and upper limits of value for each job.
Market criteria: In developing the University’s pay structure for staff positions, the Office of Human Resources will consider compensation rates for comparable positions from a variety of primarily public-sector employers since the University is a public state agency. The University will develop and seek to pay rates that compare with prevailing rates. In general, the markets to be considered for comparison to various job groups will be:
- Non-exempt – local area within a 60-mile radius of PVAMU and comparable state universities; and
- Exempt – national (like-size institutions), regional, comparable state universities, CUPA Survey, and appropriate salary survey data.
The Office of Human Resources will review the competitiveness of the University’s pay plan annually. Based upon the findings of this review, a recommendation will be made concerning adjustments to the plan to the President. Any revisions or allocation of additional funding needed to adjust the plan requires approval by the Senior Vice President for Business Affairs and availability of sustainable funding.
Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.