SACS 2010 and the Department of Physics
Mission of the Department
To provide a comprehensive educational preparation in physics and physical science that enables and empowers our graduates to address and resolve real-world challenges, through a combination of traits – model building, critical thinking, ethical and societal awareness, and skills transferability.
Components of our Mission
- Continual Assessment of courses and degree program
- Reevaluation and Redesign of the Physics and Physical Science Curricula
- SACS 2010 & THE PHYSICS DEPARTMENT, WHAT ARE WE DOING TO BE IN COMPLIANCE?, Presentation to the Department of Physics by A.A. Kumar (2/26/2009)
- ASSESSING STUDENT LEARNING AT THE COURSE LEVEL IN SCIENCE COURSES, CAN WE RECONCILE LARGE CLASSES, MULTIPLE CHOICE TESTS AND TRUE LEARNING ASSESSMENT?,Presentation at the 9th Annual TAMU Assessment Conference by A.A. Kumar and F.-C. Wang (2/23/2009)
- CRITICAL ISSUES IN SCHOOL REDESIGN – PROJECT XLR8 – An Innovative School-University Partnership, Presentation at the Annual SACS Conference, San Antonio, December 2008 – Nicole Poenitzsch, Traci Toler, Allan Kaster, Edward Mason, A. Anil Kumar
Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.