Getting Ready for SACS 2010 – Department of Physics
Prairie View A&M University is getting ready for SACS Reaffirmation of Accreditation in 2010. The preparation process results in two documents:
1. Certification of Compliance, and
2. Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP).
The Department of Physics is actively engaged in working with the Core Committee, and other faculty, staff, and administrators towards demonstrating compliance with the accreditation requirements.
Countdown to Site Visit – March 8-9, 2010
|Compliance Certification Due||September 10, 2009|
|Off-Site Peer Review Conducted||November 2–5, 2009|
|Quality Enhancement Plan Due (and optional Focused Report)||4-6 weeks in
advance of On-site Review
|On-Site Peer Review Conducted||March 8-9, 2010|
|Review by the Commission on Colleges||December 4–7, 2009|
Useful Resource Materials
- For a clear introduction to these documents and the differences with the prior preparation process, visit the University of Texas link Accreditation at UT.
- Another excellent example of SACS process is at the University of Texas at Dallas.
- For Texas A&M University-Kingsville, see here.
- Texas A&M University Preparation for SACS Accreditation
- A blank copy of the Certification of Compliance
- DEVELOPMENT OF COMPLIANCE CERTIFICATION REPORT – Lessons Learned, Alexei G. Matveev, Ph.D.
NORFOLK STATE UNIVERSITY
- Compliance Report-Norfolk State University
- The College of William and Mary SACS Compliance Certification, August 2005
- North Carolina State University Compliance Report
- Texas Tech University Compliance Report
- Southeastern Louisiana University Compliance Report
- Baylor University Compliance Report
- University of Memphis Compliance
- University of Texas-Pan American Focused Report
Quality Enhancement Plan
- QEP Experience at Norfolk State University
- Example QEP Ideas from other Institutions
- North Carloina QEP
- Texas Tech University QEP
- University of Miami QEP
- Hampton University QEP
Relevant SACS Publications
- Handbook for Reaffirmation of Accreditation
- Compliance Certification Document
- Faculty Roster Form
- QEP Handbook
- Example QEPs from other institutions
Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.