The Media Room 305C is located on the third floor of the John B. Coleman Library. The Media Room has a television. DVD/VHS player and a computer and can accommodate between one to five persons. The Media Room can be reserved (in person) for two hours by any Prairie View student from any campuses. Check with the Circulation Desk for available times - (936) 261-1542
• The Media Room is available to current Prairie View students from any of its campuses.
• Reservations/Appointments are made at the Circulation Desk. Reservations/Appointments
are for two (2) hours at a time. Reservations/ Appointments are made on a first come-first
• Training is required to use the equipment – new users should meet with a Circulation
Staff member to receive training.
• The Media Room is for classroom assignments. A current Prairie View ID is required at
all times to reserve the room. ID must be left with a Circulation Staff member.
• The hours of the Media Room are the same as the John B. Coleman Library except that the
room will be closed and all equipment returned one half (1/2) hour before the library’s
• The Media Room will be locked at all times if not in use or when the patron leaves the room.
• Television. DVD/VHS player and a computer (network printer is available on the first floor) is
available in the Media Room.
• The furniture and equipment in the Media Room is for this room only. Do not remove.
• Patrons are responsible to leave the Media Room in good order. Do not tamper with
the software equipment, or cables.
• Patrons must bring their own external storage device. Files are deleted upon reboot.
External hard drives, flash drives, or VHS/DVDs can be used to save work.