Dr. R. Radhakrishnan
Dr. R. Radhakrishnan, Ph.D, P.E, F. ASCE
TEL: (936) 261-1657/1656
- Trenchless Technology
- Aftershock Effects on Structures due to Earthquake
- Nanotechnology to Enhance Concrete Properties
- Capacity and Performance of Foundations for Offshore Structures
- Evaluation and Prevention of Microbial Acid-Produced Attack of Concrete
- Developing Web-Based Introductory Course on Space Exploration
- Enhancing Education and Careers for Minorities in the Transportation Field
- and Performance of Foundations for Offshore Structures
- Bridge and Pavement Rehabilitation
- Pavement Analysis and design
- Routing Techniques for Transportation of Hazardous Materials
- Geoenvironmental Studies for Hazardous Waste Landfill Design
The PVAMU Civil & Environmental Engineering laboratory with approximately 2500 square feet floor area serves UG instruction. A fully equipped concrete laboratory has equipment and tools necessary for tests and evaluation of aggregates, cements, and fresh and hardened concrete. It contains two compression testing machines, with maximum capacities ranging from 60,000 to 120,000 pounds. A fully equipped geotechnical engineering laboratory has equipment and tools necessary for tests to evaluate soil properties, consolidation test and tri-axial shear test. Other facilities are available through partnership with Texas A&M University.
NEESR-CR: Capacity and performance of foundations for offshore wind towers, Sep 2010-2013
- “Space Vehicle Flotation and Survival Studies”, Funded Research by United Space Alliance, Lockheed Martin, NASA, 2008 Academic Year, P.I. R. Radha
- “Attracting and Retaining Minorities in the Transportation Field”, 2004-2008, Funded Research by US Department of Transportation and Federal Highway Administration, US DOT, P.I.: R. Radha
- “2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, and 2005 Summer Transportation Institute at PVAMU”, Funded project by NSTI, FHWA., Project Director: R. Radha
- “Transportation Analysis of MOX Fuels”, 1995 - 1998, Funded research project by Amarillo National Center for Plutonium/DOE., P.I.: R. Radha
- "Lunar Outpost Construction using Co-products of Oxygen Production Plant", 1995 - 1998, Funded by NASA/JSC., P.I.: R. Radha
- "Bioremediation of Contaminated Sediments", 1995 - 1997, a collaborative Project with Rice University Funded by Hazardous Substance Research Center at LSU and EPA., P. I.: R. Radha
- “Long-term Behavior of Ground Anchors”, 1995-1996, Funded by Texas Department of Transportation Co-PI: R. Radha with Dr. Jean-Louis Briaud, TAMU.
- Transportation Workforce Development: Attracting High School and Community College Students to Careers in the Transportation Field (09-3466) - E10, at TRB Annual Meeting January 2009, by Ramalingam Radhakrishnan, Prairie View A&M University
- “Response Analysis of a Truss-Pontoon Semi-submersible with Heave Plates”, Journal of Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering. Peer reviewed paper was accepted on December 20, 2005 for publication. The paper was published in May 2006 (Paper No. JOMAE-05-1041). This paper is based partially on a detailed analysis of data from the Model Test Study of Wave Tank Test of CVEG/CHEG 4473 and 4483 of 2003-04 AY. R. Radha is Co-Author with Nagan Srinivasan, and Subrata Chakrabarti.
- Paper “Enhancing the Early Awareness for Engineering and Technology Careers –Proactive Linkage with K-12 Schools” was published in ASEE – Gulf South West Conference at Southern University, March 2006. Authors: Dr. R. Radha and Dr. A. Anil Kumar. The above paper was presented by R. Radha on March 16, 2006 in ASEE Gulf South West Conference at Southern University, Baton Rouge, LA., Authors: Dr. R. Radha and Dr. A. Anil Kumar.
- Abstract on “RETURN ON INVESTMENT: A CASE STUDY OF PRAIRIE VIEW A&M UNIVERSITY’S SUMMER TRANSPORTATION PROGRAM” was published in ASEE – Gulf South West Conference at Southern University, March 2006. Authors: Dr. R. Kommalapati and Dr. R. Radha and Dr. J. Perkins. Results of the above study was presented on March 16, 2006 by R. Radha in ASEE Gulf South West Conference at Southern University, Baton Rouge, LA., Authors: Dr. R. Kommalapati and Dr. R. Radha and Dr. J. Perkins.
- “Damping-Controlled Response of a Truss-Pontoon Semi-submersible with Heave Plates”, Proceedings of OMAE’05, 24th International Conference on Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering, June 16-19, 2005, Halkidiki, Greece. Peer reviewed paper accepted for publication (OMAE2005-67522). Nagan Srinivasan, Subrata Chakrabarti, R. Radha
- “Remediation of Contaminated Sediments” Paper published in ASME ASIA 1997 Congress held in Singapore on October 2, 1997, Authors: R. Radha and Carlos Ariza.
- “Remediation of Contaminated Soils” Paper published and presented at Energy Week Conference, Houston, TX, January 29, 1997, Authors: R. Radha and Carlos Ariza.
Technical Advisory Panel Member (TAP-1), Pavement and Materials RMC, TxDOT
Fellow of the American Society of Civil Engineers