Dr. Iftekhar Ahmed, PE, CPESC
TEL: (936) 261-1659/1665 (dept)
Stochastic Modeling, Risk Management & Scale Issues
- Computational & Applied Hydraulics
- Water Resources Systems
- River Restoration & Flood Control
- Applied Sedimentation Engineering & Geomorphology
- Pipe Network Design, Operational Optimization & Energy Efficiency
- Water Quality Modeling (Surface Water and Pipelines)
- Groundwater Modeling & Solute Transport
- GIS and Computer Applications in Water Resources
Dell Optiplex 960 Computer and Water Resources Software
- Lansey, K.E., El-Shorbagy, Ahmed, I., Araujo, J, and Haan, C.T. (2001). “Calibration Assessment and Data Collection for Water Distribution Networks.” J. of Hydraulic Engineering, ASCE, Vol. 127(4), pp. 270-279.
- Mallick, K.N., Ahmed, I., and Lansey, K.E. (2002). “Determining Pipe Groupings for Water Distribution Networks.” J. of Water Resour. Plng. & Mgmt, ASCE, Vol. 128(2), pp. 130-139.
- Shinstine, D.S., Ahmed, I., and Lansey, K.E. (2002). “Reliability/Availability Analysis of Municipal Water Distribution Networks: Case Studies.” J. of Water Resour. Plng. & Mgmt, ASCE, Vol. 128(2), pp. 140-151.
- Ahmed, I., and Freeman, G.E. (2004). “Estimating Stage-Discharge Uncertainty for Flood Damage Assessment.” Arid Lands Symposium, Proc., World Water and Environmental Resources Congress, ASCE/EWRI, June, Salt Lake City, UT.
- Ahmed, I., and Lansey, K.E. (2006). “Mean-Variance Model for Reservoir Operations.” IAHR 7th Hydroinformatics Conference, September, Nice, France. Peer Reviewed.
- Ahmed, I., and Lansey, K.E. (2005). “Reservoir Operations Under Hydroclimatic Uncertainty.” IAHR 9th International Symposium on Stochastic Hydraulics, May, TU Delft, The Netherlands. Peer Reviewed.
- Ahmed, I., Lansey, K.E., and Araujo, J. (1999). “Data Collection for Water Distribution Network Calibration.” Peer Reviewed, Proc., International Conference on Computing and Control for the Water Industry, CCWI’99, September, University of Exeter, Exeter, Devonshire, England, UK.
- Ahmed, I., and Lansey, K.E. (1999). “Analysis of Unsteady Flow in Networks Using a Gradient Algorithm Based Method.” Proc., 26th Annual ASCE Specialty Conference on Water Resources Planning and Management, June, Tempe, AZ.
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Flood Control Districts (Phoenix, Tucson, Houston), University of Arizona, University of California at Santa Barbara, Texas A&M University.