Study, Study, Study
- ATTEND as many academic support activities and workshop as possible. They are usually free and are always helpful.
- STUDY! This may be a case of stating the obvious but you would be surprised how may students don’t bother.
- STUDYING WITH SOOTHING MUSIC in the background (contrary to popular opinion) can enhance your concentration.
- Floral scented candles and mixed potpourri facilitate learning (strange but true)
- Studying in a soft or on a cushy bed may not be the best strategy.
- Active learning may require walking around the room or sitting on the edge of the chair.
- Wake up your body- Wake up your mind.
STUDY SPACE: Your regular study space should be as quiet and comfortable as possible and large enough to have access to everything you need for studying (text & reference books, pencil, paper, rulers, etc…)
- Libraries, study lounges, or private rooms are an ideal.
- Get rid of clutter. Clean the desk or table of all materials not related to the current project.
- TUTORING IS NOT A NEGATIVE THING! Get help early before the academic damage is irreversible. Many schools offer free tutoring in a variety of subjects.
- Study groups are great but in general studying alone is more effective.