Corporate Mentoring Program
The Career Outreach Services Department at Prairie View A&M University sponsors a Corporate Mentor Program that allows students to discuss their goals, objectives, concerns and questions with persons in the corporate world in their specialty areas prior to graduation.
Students are linked primarily with Prairie View A&M University alumni from their respective programs and other corporate supporters of the University.
Participation in the program allows students to:
- network with a professional in their major field of study
- become more focused
- learn more about their chosen career path
- realize how to best prepare for employment in their field
- learn how to obtain experience for entering the job market
- gain practical advice from graduates and practicing professionals
There are two programs - An informal program and a formal program. These programs invite alumni and other corporate associates to meet with the students to share their wealth of knowledge and experience in keeping with "the degree that works.” Additionally, the students get the opportunity to network with professionals in their chosen future careers.