United States Marine Corps
The Marine Corps has been an integral part of the Naval Service for more than 230 years and is renowned world-over for its leadership, determination, and loyalty. From the inception on November 10, 1775 at Tun Tavern in Philadelphia to the front lines in Iraq and Afghanistan, Marines have earned their reputation as the most effective fighting force in the world operating in the air, on land and on the sea. Standards are high– self-discipline and initiative are key factors for success in the Marine Corps. Physical Fitness is in integral part in making a Marine Officer and it is rigorous and mentally challenging. Each perspective Marine Officer must attend and successfully complete Officer Candidate School (www.ocs.usmc.mil) and earn a degree in order to become a Marine Second Lieutenant.
As a Marine Option NROTC scholarship student, you will attend training each summer:
- Between freshman and sophomore year, Marine Options attend Career Orientation Training for Midshipmen (CORTRAMID) East (VA) or West (CA).
- Between sophomore and junior year, Marine Options attend Mountain Warfare Training Center (MWTC) in Bridgeport, CA.
- Between junior and senior year, Marine Options attend and must successfully complete Officer Candidate School in Quantico, VA (www.ocs.usmc.mil) in between junior and senior year. This is required for commissioning and this requirement cannot be waived.
- NROTC students commissioned as Second Lieutenants will report to The Basic School (www.tecom.usmc.mil/tbs) in Quantico, VA for training and will compete for a Military Occupational Specialty (MOS).
- Civil Affairs Officer 0107
- Adjutant 0180
- Marine Air/Ground Task Force (MAGTF) Intelligence Officer 0202
- Ground Intelligence Officer 0203
- Human Source Intelligence Officer 0204
- Tactical Intelligence Officer 0205
- Signals Intelligence/Ground Electronic Warfare Officer 0206
- Air Intelligence Officer 0207
- Counterintelligence Officer 0210
- Geographic Intelligence Officer 0260
- Infantry Officer 0302
- Light-Armored Vehicle (LAV) Officer 0303
- Logistics Officer 0402
- Communications Information Systems Officer 0602
- Field Artillery Officer 0802
- Engineer Officer 1302
- Tank Officer 1802
- Assault Amphibious Vehicle (AAV) Officer 1803
- Signals Intelligence/Electronic Warfare Officer 2602
- Electronics Maintenance Officer (Ground) 2802
- Ground Supply Officer 3002
- Financial Management Officer 3404
- Motor Transport Officer 3502
- Disbursing Office/Finance 3902
- Public Affairs Officer 4302
- Military Police Officer 5803
- Aircraft Maintenance Officer 6002
- Aviation Supply Officer 6602
- Air Support Control 7208
- Air Defense Control 7210
- Air Traffic Control 7220
- Naval Flight Officer 7580
- Naval Aviator 7599
Was this information helpful? Provide Feedback or report broken links.