NWHC Scholarship Criteria & Application – Effective Fall 2015
IMPORTANT SCHOLARSHIP CRITERIA – APPLIES TO ALL APPLICANTS
- Scholarship is only available to US citizens and Texas residents.
- The NWHC scholarship is designed to ease student financial burden for the first year of study.
- Scholarships cover costs up to $2000 per semester or $4000 per academic year for 6 hours only at the undergraduate and graduate levels
- Students must be enrolled in at least 2 courses (6 SCH) at NWHC during a long semesters(fall, spring)
- Scholarships will be strategically awarded to support all degree programs at the NWHC
- Scholarships are competitive and merit based
- Students must be new to the NWHC or NWHC programs to be eligible.
- Scholarship applicants must submit an unofficial college transcript to the NWHC Scholarship Coordinator to complete the scholarship application process. Late submissions will not be considered.
- Scholarship recipients must seek and gain admission (applytexas.org) to their program of choice.
- The NWHC scholarship is generally unavailable in summer. If unspent funds are available, scholarships would be made available in summer on a limited basis, and would require a separate application
- The NWHC scholarship can be combined with another scholarship following guidelines from the financial aid office.
GRADUATE STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP (not available to EMBA students)
- Graduate Scholarships are limited to students seeking 1st Master’s Degree at PVAMU
- The minimum undergraduate GPA required is 3.0.
- Scholarship is limited to students “new” to the NWHC “program” (should not have previously taken graduate courses at PVAMU).
- Second year scholarships are available on a competitive basis to some students who have done exceptionally well (GPA of 3.75 or higher) and have been active as an ambassador. Achieving the minimum GPA of 3.75 does not guarantee a scholarship in the second year.
UNDERGRADUATE STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP
Must have a minimum GPA of 2.75 with 40 transferable hours
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION DEADLINES
- FALL- JUNE 1
- SPRING- OCTOBER 1
- SUMMER – MARCH 1
LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
Attn: NWHC Scholarship Coordinator
9449 Grant Road, Houston, TX 77070