|January 5, 2007
As you prepare for the upcoming 2007-2008 academic year, please take a moment to review the following:
- The U.S. Department of Education will mail 2007-2008 Renewal FAFSA to those students who applied for 2006-2007 aid before October 4, 2006. Students who are in default or owe an overpayment on a Title IV grant or loan will not receive a reminder.
- Complete the renewal FAFSA or regular FAFSA either by paper application or online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. If you are completing the FAFSA online, you and your parent must have a federally issued PIN number to e-sign the application. Otherwise, the FAFSA will be rejected and you will be ineligible for aid.
- You and/or your parents must file your 2006 Federal Tax Return before completing your FAFSA.
- Make and keep a copy of your signed tax returns, you may need them.
- The Office of Student Financial Aid will adhere to the published Deadline dates provided on the back of this letter.
- All students must have a PVAMU ID card when you come into the office to inquire about your financial aid information.
As always, we at Prairie View Agricultural and Mechanical University thank you, our students, for your continued support. If you should have any questions and/or suggestions on how we can better serve you, please do not hesitate to contact our office at (936) 261-1033 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Office of Student Financial Aid